Why redesign your website?
- Your website is not mobile responsive: More than half the web searches last year were done from tablets, Ipads and mobile phones. The change from PCs and laptops to devices of all sorts and sizes means that your website must be functional and beautiful in many different formats.
- New technology: People who haven’t redesigned their website for over 5 years are often surprised at how many tools are available to make their business shine. Some programs that were $10,000 in 2005 are now $100 off the shelf, meaning your business can have access to tools that weren’t possible years ago.
- Incorporate Social Media: Not that many years ago social media was only starting to permeate our lives, now it is everywhere. If your website doesn’t have social media links, profiles, photo galleries your business will suffer.
- Manage your website in-house: These days almost every website design includes a CMS such as WordPress, Joomla or Magento amongst countless others. This means you or your staff will be able to manage 90% of your businesses updates such as new products, new staff members and adding fresh pages.
- New Branding: Over time your brand has probably changed in subtle ways. If you’ve got an old website that hasn’t been updated in years, chances are it is a bit of a hotch potch regarding your branding and company message.
- Adding new Functionality: Being able to incorporate a company blog, eCommerce system, events calendar, knowledgebase or even a FAQ will mean your customers are more likely to visit your website regularly.
- Old prices & products: Quite often when we redesign a website, we’ll come across product pages from 2008 with prices that are completely out of date. Sometimes even entire product categories have been removed from the store but are still hidden on company websites. Ever wondered where that product PDF you uploaded in 2008 disappeared too? Chances are it’s still on your live website and a visitor may chance upon it.
- People are more demanding: If you’re in business, you already know this. Consumers are more demanding with shorter attention spans than ever before, if they can’t find what they’re looking for in under 3 seconds, they’ll go somewhere else.