My Home Reading App
The My Home Reading Education App makes teachers lives easier by tracking each student’s progress, with a simple system that summarises an entire class’ reading progress on a single screen. Every 100 reading nights the reader gets to crack open a new computer game, adding extra incentive to read at home. Fireworks and other interactive games unlock as the children read more regularly. The bright colours and cheerful graphics engage children immediately. Children record how much they enjoyed the book, whether they enjoyed it, loved it if they were confused by it or bored by it.
Education App Development
- State-of-the-art web application built using React Native and Django
- A complete end-to-end messaging system
- Multiple dashboards based on different user roles so school administrators see a different interface than teachers, which is different from parents and of course students.
- Students can log in via their username and password, even if they don’t have an email address
- eCommerce system was created which included recurring membership/ software license fees
- Robust support and ticketing system was created and We Push Buttons are now managing teacher support
- The ability for students to be able to sign in anywhere they have internet access in this way if a student is having a sleepover at their grandparent’s house they can still add new readings.
- Developing an app for primary school aged children made things difficult as the actual users of the app don’t have email addresses to manage their accounts. Couple this together with how complex families are these days and the user management system of the app was by far the most complex aspect.
- The bright colours and cheerful graphics engage children immediately. Children record how much they enjoyed the book, whether they enjoyed it, loved it if they were confused by it or bored by it.
- There are plenty of tips for parents to help their child overcome obstacles and develop reading skills. And the good thing is, parents can stay informed about their child’s progress by receiving app notifications from the class teacher.
- Teachers can track a reader’s progress by browsing each pupil’s account and view which students need to be encouraged with home reading. Teachers can track entire class progress on an easy to read dashboard and send an app notification to parents.
- Students can choose from 12 zany cartoon avatars.