Art Festival Web Design
Over the years we’ve project managed festivals of all sizes, from Ringo Starr art exhibitions, comic book conventions, visual art festivals, comedy festivals and blues gigs. We’ve been involved with the festival circuit long enough to know that our speciality is working with organisers by:
- Running publicity campaigns
- Managing social media campaigns
- Building event calendars
- Ticketing solutions
- Web development
- Program design
- Blogging and news updates
- Artist interviews and profiling
- Website management training
Festival branding isn’t just about a logo and website design. Each festival has an ideology that informs its branding along with documentation of history, images, news and programming.
It is more about the whole package where intangible things collide, like the festival history, ideals, shared beliefs and stories, experiences and sociopolitical agenda.
The branding of your festival needs to be the expression of all those things in a visual moment captured by the graphics and style of your logo, website, program layout, posters, tickets, signage and location presentation.
Programming & Tickets
Interested attendees will want to register for events, book tickets or find out more about headlining acts. When you reach this stage, it is time to create a dedicated website for your festival.
A lot of small events use Facebook as their only digital platform for advertising, bookings and programs. Programming is too complicated and difficult to manage on a social media platform.
Most festivals require a website with an advanced calendar system. We are experts at the technical stuff like creating calendar systems, ticketing and programming on festival websites.
Event Websites & App Development
There are certain elements every festival web design should have. We make sure the following elements are easy to find on your site:
- Calendar of events with advanced filters making for easy gig search
- Archive of past events
- Photo gallery
- Social media links
- Embedded social media feeds such as our Tim Flannery event…
- News page for festival updates
- Multiple contact pages
- Volunteer/musician registration forms
- Multi-user access so the relevant staff can make changes to the website
- Getting there – maps and transport details
- Ticketing and payment options
- Quality web hosting ensuring your site stays online: essential during the festival
- Mobile responsive
Publicist for the Castlemaine State Festival
We are proud to have been involved with the Castlemaine State Festival 2017. We developed the social media website for the Festival and spent many hours developing the national and international profile of the program, meanwhile building a long list of media contacts. As part of our campaign to boost the profile and sell out attendance of the State Festival we:
- Conducted artist interviews and profiled artists on the website and in the media
- Hosted overseas artists
- Formed contacts with national and international press
- Wrote and published articles on the festival and its artists
- Coordinated the ABC live broadcast of the festival opening night
- Marketed and promoted ticket sales
- Ran a comprehensive social media campaign to boost festival profile and attendance
Arts Open Web App
Arts Open is a biennial Visual Arts Festival based in Castlemaine in Victoria. Artist studios and a series of group exhibitions open to the public over two weekends starting Labour Day long weekend.
We designed the festival site to include a complex built in calendar and booking system, an interactive map, embedded You Tube flicks and a flip book catalogue for the 70 odd page program of events.
The hundreds of images we collated along with artist information formed the printed catalogue. We did so much more than your ordinary web development agency.
The Village Festival
The Village is a quirky travelling festival that often shows in conjunction with other festivals. It consists of hand-made portable theaters – tents, inflatables, caravans, buses, puppet booths, art, food stalls, games and steam punk weirdness.