eCommerce Website Designers & Digital Marketers
Getting online with a fully fledged eCommerce website can be a minefield of technical problems, cost blowouts and usability issues. What’s the point of spending thousands on an eCommerce store to find you’re selling so little online that you have no chance of making a return on your investment?
At We Push Buttons, we can advise you on the best option for your online store, design and develop it, and provide marketing services for you to run a successful operation. Setting up an eCommerce website is complex. We can advise you on whether it is better for you to set up an Etsy or eBay store before taking the plunge into a full eCommerce solution.
We are here to help your eCommerce solutions grow along with your business over time. If a full eCommerce web design is the best solution for you, we will design a website that you can build on as your business grows.
Our eCommerce website design portfolio includes:
- Wholesale food distributors
- Internal B2B sales channels
- eCommerce system for promoting and selling tickets to corporate events
- Artists selling work via an online eCommerce store
- Large scale online shops with over 1,000 items
- Author’s website for selling books
- Digital Subscription based models
- Fee paying membership websites
Our eCommerce website designers always include:
- Industry Research: We begin by researching your market niche, analysing the competition and assessing your current online presence. From this starting point we design an internet marketing strategy focused on your business aspirations and priorities.
- Online Store Concept and Design: Next our eCommerce website designers begin the process creating the concept of your online store and business branding.
- Ecommerce Web Development: Once you are satisfied with the concept we move into the design and development of your website. This is the heavy lifting of web design: the coding, content writing, graphic design, brand development, shopping cart set-up and payment processes.
- Content writing and data entry: Ever tried populating an eCommerce store with 1,000 items, all with unique shipping details, prices, freight information, descriptions, reviews and photographs. Yes, it’s as mind numbing as it sounds. However as we love using Excel we have solutions that save us hundreds of hours in labour and save you thousands of dollars in data entry. It also saves our staff morale!
- Usability Testing: Before launching onto the web we test and re-test your eCommerce site. Does the website work as it should? Can potential visitors find what they are after? Does the shopping cart work overseas as easily as it does in Australia? Are there issues with shipping rates, tax calculation, automatic invoicing?
- Launching your eCommerce Website: After launching we run a full internet marketing program to ensure potential customers can find your website. Once your site starts generating traffic we can analyse traffic flow for information such as time of day your site is visited, most popular search terms and which pages are attracting traffic.
- Promotion and Marketing: The days of setting up an eCommerce store and seeing the sales role in are well and truly over so launching your online store is only the first step in building a sustainable online business. Through a mixture of search engine optimisation, social media, content marketing and a sprinkle of witch doctory we can begin to establish your brand’s presence online. See our digital marketing options here…
- Post-Launch: A month after launch we fine tune the website to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Track, Analysis and improve Once the website has been established over a few months we can begin to pull relevant data to assist in growing your online store. How long are people staying on the site, why are some products more popular than others, are customers finding what they want quickly enough?
There are hundreds of different eCommerce solutions for a variety of different online businesses however most are quite antiquated or do have a large enough user base to ensure the long- term survival of the platform.
Our eCommerce Website Designers love using the following platforms:
A great solution for digital downloads, software as a service model and paid membership programs. It also handles smaller scale eCommerce websites selling things such as artwork, e-books & clothing. Read more…
Magento has been the market leader for large, complex eCommerce websites since it began in 2004. If you want to build a global brand then you need industrial strengh eCommerce solutions. Read more…
Shopify is a great solution for businesses that have a huge product range but not the budget for bespoke customised eCommerce websites such as Magento. Ongoing fees are higher but you can start online selling fast. Read more…
BigCommerce is a rival to Shopify and if you are looking for a hosted option it is worth comparing both platforms. Read more…
Big Cartel is our go to for artists and makers. It is a fantastic platform for selling your artwork, T-Shirts, crafts, hand made furniture etc. It isn’t designed as a complex store and you can’t sell thousands of products but if you have a range under 100 items and you’re on a budget it can be a perfect option. Read more…
Easy Digital Downloads:
This is our eCommerce website designers go to whenever we have a client who sells digital downloads. It’s a perfect example of concentrating in one niche and excelling. The Easy Digital Downloads platform works fantastically if you are looking at selling tickets to an event, you’re a self published author, musician, an artist with a diverse catalogue, or even a membership portal. Read more…
Whatever platform you choose for your online store ensure you research it thoroughly as an incorrect choice will lead to thousands of dollars wasted or hundreds of hours of your time.
Articles to help with your eCommerce Decisions
We’ve written a number of articles on the eCommerce process and researched various options based on different client needs. Check out the following articles for more information on setting up an eCommerce Store:
- Freight Costs & Options: Freight is often overlooked until the final stage of implementing an eCommerce store, yet it can be a minefield setting freight costs retrospectively depending upon the shopping cart program you are using. Read more here…
- Payment Processing Options: Just like a bricks and mortar retail store you will need a credit card processing system to accept credit card payments online. Paypal was the only market choice – now there’s hundreds of players, some exceptional, most horrendous. Read my overview of what questions to ask potential credit card processing companies…
- Do you actually need an eCommerce Store? For many small businesses having an eBay store is more than enough. But if you are an ambitious company that wants to earn a living from your online store then you need our own web presence. Read our handy questionnaire to see if you’re ready to take the plunge.