- Modern, minimalist, responsive web design
- Created an auto-generated social media feeds based around Hashtag #ArtsOpen seen here…
- Built an interactive map app locating artist studios that was user friendly seen here…
- WordPress website built on the Genesis network
- Huge media library of over 2,000 images with information
- Content Delivery Network using Amazon S3 to ensure the website loads fast.
- Events and Calendar system
- Marketing, SEO and social media publicity
- embedded flip book catalogue
Arts Open is a biennial Visual Arts Festival based in Castlemaine in Victoria. Artist studios and a series of group exhibitions open to the public over two weekends starting Labor Day long weekend.
Over 145 professional painters, jewellers, sculptors, multi media artists and craftspeople participate in Arts Open. As you can imagine from a project management point of view the site was complex with well over 2,000 photographs, 50+ events and 145 artists but we survived!
We conducted website project management from the ground up which took hundreds of hours. It involved a complex built in calendar and booking systems, an interactive map, embeded You Tube flicks and a flip book catalogue for the 70 odd page program of events. Apart from website design we also collated hundreds of images and artist information into a printed catalogue. We coordinated sponsors, liaised with councils and government bodies, wrote post festival grant reports, booked and managed venues, ran a publicity and social media campaign. Phew!