#Social media is the world’s new word of mouth
We love Social Media!
The best form of marketing has always been recommendations from friends and family; trusted advice from people who have your best interests at heart. Traditional advertising, be it Television, Radio, Print or even Web copy attempts to replicate that trust, however, consumers are incredibly media savvy and will switch off to hard-sell campaigns that offer them nothing in return. Now, people are connecting via social media to get trusted advice. That advice might come in the format of a DIY renovation forum, an interior design social media network, an IT blog or a reputable source on Twitter. If you’re dragging your feet about getting onto the social media bandwagon then there’s no time like the present to get started.
Three years ago social media was like 1960s Rock n Roll, you were either a Beatles fan (print media) or a Rolling Stones Fan (Facebook and Twitter) – well its not as black and white anymore.
You’d be surprised what Social Media can do for your business, so why not ask us today how to get started?
Which Social Media platform is right for you?
A few statistics on social media for websites:
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed each day – mainly on YouTube
- 250 million people use Facebook on their mobile phones
- Australia has 2.2 million active Twitter users
- Over 50 % of Australians access news and information on their smartphone
- There are 11.5 million Facebook users in Australia
- 630,000 Australians are on Pinterest
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends